Measurements and Error
In this chapter you will learn about:
- The difference between analog and digital instruments
- The need for measurements
- Definitions of terms such as accuracy, precision, sensitivity, resolution, etc.
- Factors affecting accuracy
- The significance of noise and signal-to-noise ratio
- The practical application of probes and their importance
- The general form of a measurement system
- Intelligent instrument and why is it called intelligent
Measurements and error
Whether an equipment is to be designed, installed, put into operation, or repaired, for all these operations certain electrical quantities ...