Chapter 4. Using native file dialog boxes and facilitating interprocess communication
This chapter covers
- Implementing a native open file dialog box using Electron’s dialog module
- Facilitating communication between the main process and a renderer process
- Exposing functionality from the main process to renderer processes
- Importing functionality from the main process into the renderer process using Electron’s remote module
- Sending information from the main process to a renderer process using the webContents module and setting up a listener for messages from the main process using the ipcRenderer module
In the previous chapter, we laid the foundation for our first Electron project, a notes application that takes Markdown from the left pane ...