The essential guide to buying the perfect investment property
Interest in buying property is at an all time high. But while everyone's talking about it, the number of people actually doing it isn't escalating at the same rate. The reason is simple: would-be buyers are being held back by fears that they'll choose the wrong property, and pay too much for it, too. Find the Right Property, Buy at the Right Price is here to help, putting author Melissa Opie's 25-year history in real estate at your fingertips so that you can be certain you're making the right decision.
Part of the reason buyers are so worried about making a bad deal is that the market moves so fast and 'current' information dates quickly. Every quarter, newspapers all over Australia print median house prices, indicating which areas have gone up and by how much. But there's so much more information a buyer needs to feel confident before dipping their toes in the property-buying waters. With this book in hand, you'll have that all-important extra knowledge.
Answers key questions like 'Which properties should I target in these "boom" areas?' and 'How do I know I'm paying the right price?'
Distils property-buying rhetoric in a simple, easy-to-follow way
Features numerous case studies and real-life examples to help illustrate strategies and potential pitfalls
Includes checklists to help you make sure you aren't missing anything when buying a property
Find the Right Property, Buy at the Right Price is here to allay your property-buying fears. From a respected expert with an impeccable track record, it's the only book you need to make a responsible, informed, and profitable purchase.
Table of Contents
- Table of Contents
- Title Page
Part I: Finding the Right Property
- Chapter 1: A fast-moving train: the property market
- Chapter 2: Defining your property goals
- Chapter 3: Buying a home versus buying an investment
- Chapter 4: Where to buy
- Chapter 5: What to buy
- Chapter 6: Choosing the right property
Part II: Buying at the right price
- Chapter 7: Preparing to buy
- Chapter 8: Determining market price
- Chapter 9: Property selling methods
- Chapter 10: Negotiating the purchase
- Chapter 11: Using a buyer's advocate and other professionals
- Chapter 12: Ensuring ongoing success
- Appendix: useful resources
- Title: Find the Right Property, Buy at the Right Price
- Release date: June 2012
- Publisher(s): Wrightbooks
- ISBN: 9781118204412