Book descriptionFinding it, refining it, loving it, and actually getting out there and doing it
Don't waste your life not doing something you aren't brilliant at, not setting the world on fire with your ideas, your thinking, your inventions, your words — it doesn't matter how you do your Thing, what matters is that you DO IT! And how about turning that Thing into your business too? Lucy Whittington is on a mission — she wants everyone in the world to do what they're brilliant at and not just what they're 'good' at. Having done what she was 'good' at for a long time (marketing), and getting overqualified with an MBA, Lucy realized that her 'Thing' was finding other people's Thing and helping them turn it into a great business that they love. In this book, Lucy uses her proven five-step process to help even more people find what they are brilliant at.
- Find out what you should be doing and how to make a living from it
- Take advantage of Lucy's expertise and follow her five-step process for success
- Be inspired and gain real practical advice
- Receive guidance on taking your new business to the next level by creating your "Star Plan"
- Become famous for what you do
Imagine being so gifted that the work you are paid to do comes as naturally as breathing, and is so enjoyable that you would do it for free. It can happen. You're gifted at something, and that something is marketable. You can put yourself on the path to your ideal life, but first you have to Find Your Thing.
Table of contents
PART ONE: FINDING YOUR THING
CHAPTER 1: WHY FIND YOUR THING?
- Here’s my Thing
- And so I went to the niche supermarket
- Doing something different can be difficult
- Back to my panic
- The irony
- Are you wearing a uniform?
- Photographer for two days
- It might feel too small
- Let me tell you about jam and cake
- Don’t expect fireworks…
- Expect ease
- It’s not hard work
- You’ve done your time
- You’re already there
- CHAPTER 2: HOW TO FIND YOUR THING
- CHAPTER 3: DOING YOUR THING
- CHAPTER 1: WHY FIND YOUR THING?
PART TWO: GETTING FAMOUS FOR YOUR THING
- CHAPTER 4: FAME NAME®
- CHAPTER 5: INTERESTING STORIES SELL
- CHAPTER 6: NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE
- CHAPTER 7: GET IN YOUR SPOTLIGHT
- GET BUSINESS FAMOUS
- MORE RESOURCES
- ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- WILEY END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
- Title: Find Your Thing
- Release date: March 2015
- Publisher(s): Capstone
- ISBN: 9780857085924
You might also like
What to Say in Every Job Interview: How to Understand What Managers are Really Asking and Give the Answers that Land the Job
"TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF . . ." Decode the hidden meaning behind interview questions and prepare …
Upgrade Your Life
Step away from boredom and reclaim your life Feeling unfulfilled? Do you dream of a lifestyle …
Lose the Resume, Land the Job
Lose the resume and land that coveted job Gone are the days of polishing up your …
Great things don't happen in a vacuum. But creating an environment for creative thinking and innovation …