Program in Python on a Raspberry Pi or PC by developing six computer games. Each game project is split into several chapters of the book. Rather than taking you through programming techniques as standalone concepts, this book explains concepts as they are used within a game.
You'll learn about variables; integer, real, Boolean and string data types; conditional if statements; fixed loops and conditional loops; modularity; arrays and lists; and predefined functions. You’ll also discover the PyGame library, which is popularly used in the development of 2D games.
Key programming concepts are revisited in subsequent projects in the book to consolidate prior learning. Beyond teaching you how to code, this book explains the programming logic behind each project—exemplifying the process of designing and writing a computer game.
All the projects in this book are supported by Code Angel (mycodeangel.com). Code Angel Code Angel largely serves students and new developers and the projects work by encouraging you to ‘Learn…then play’. Taking this approach, you'll be able to build fun 2D games and enjoy playing them by yourself or with friends. Developing games in this way keeps you engaged, gives a purpose as you work through each project, and offers a sense of achievement when each game is finished.
What You'll Learn
- Integrate the fundamentals of the Python 3 programming language
- Program fun, classic computer games you can then play
- Develop computational thinking skills and abilities that can be applied to other ventures
Table of contents
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Forest Bomber part 1: A first level
- 3. Forest Bomber part 2: Is it a bird…?
- 4. Forest Bomber part 3: Bombs away…
- 5. Forest Bomber part 4: Wrapping it up
- 6. Snapper part 1: In the woods
- 7. Snapper part 2: Say cheese
- 8. Snapper part 3: Snapped
- 9. Alien Invasion part 1: Under attack
- 10. Alien Invasion part 2: Missile launch is Go
- 11. Alien Invasion part 3: And they came from outer space
- 12. Save the planet
- 13. Golf part 1: On the tee
- 14. Golf part 2: On the green
- 15. Golf part 3: It’s in the hole
- Title: Game Programming with Code Angel: Learn how to code in Python on Raspberry Pi or PC
- Release date: November 2019
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781484253052
You might also like
Python for DevOps
Much has changed in technology over the past decade. Data is hot, the cloud is ubiquitous, …
Learn how graph algorithms can help you leverage relationships within your data to develop intelligent solutions …
Sensor Projects with Raspberry Pi: Internet of Things and Digital Image Processing
Start solving world issues by beginning small with simple Rasperry Pi projects. Using a free IoT …
C++ Crash Course
Upgrade your Code with C++ C++ is one of the most widely used languages for real-world …