In this chapter, you learned a lot of new technologies, which, can be combined with Terraform to perfect your infrastructure as code setup. We practiced every type of provisioner Terraform has, specifically, the following:
- Executed tests with Inspec and Terraform outputs
- Generated inventory files for Ansible with local-exec
- Created new Chef nodes with the Chef provisioner
- Installed the Puppet agent with remote-exec and uploaded Puppet manifests with a file provisioner
- Made reusable provisioning with null_resource
We also took a look at a few third-party plugins, which are, unfortunately, of low quality, often unsupported, and have bugs. You should normally use both built-in providers and provisioners, or implement something with ...