Terraform is a small tool. While reading this book, you've hopefully noted how many different other tools were introduced throughout. They are as follows:
- Chef, Ansible, and Puppet: For configuration management
- Inspec and Test Kitchen: For testing
- Terragrunt and Terraforming: As a helper for Terraform operations
- Git, git-crypt, GitLab, and GitLab CI: For teamwork
- S3 and Consul: For storage
- Bash and Ruby: For scripting
You have to learn all of these (or their analogues) to make Terraform production ready. The focus of all HashiCorp tools is to solve one problem and solve it well, and leave everything else to the other software out there.
It can be beneficial quite often - you are not forced to change your ...