Become a digital-first organization—and avoid disruption.
If you read nothing else on the principles and practices that lead to successful digital transformation, read these 10 articles. We've combed through hundreds of Harvard Business Review articles and selected the most important ones to help you reinvent your digital strategy, overcome barriers to change, and win in the continuously connected world.
This book will inspire you to:
- Devise an industry-transforming business model
- Minimize risk using discovery-driven transformation
- Leverage torrents of data more strategically
- Prepare your employees for the future of work
- Prioritize the right initiatives
- Compete in the age of AI
This collection of articles includes "Discovery-Driven Digital Transformation," by Rita McGrath and Ryan McManus; "The Transformative Business Model," by Stelios Kavadias, Kostas Ladas, and Christoph Loch; "Digital Doesn't Have to Be Disruptive," by Nathan Furr and Andrew Shipilov; "What's Your Data Strategy?," by Leandro DalleMule and Thomas H. Davenport; "Competing in the Age of AI," by Marco Iansiti and Karim R. Lakhani; "Building the AI-Powered Organization," by Tim Fountaine, Brian McCarthy, and Tamim Saleh; "How Smart, Connected Products Are Transforming Companies," by Michael E. Porter and James E. Heppelmann; "The Age of Continuous Connection," by Nicolaj Siggelkow and Christian Terwiesch; "The Problem with Legacy Ecosystems," by Maxwell Wessel, Aaron Levie, and Robert Siegel; "Your Workforce Is More Adaptable Than You Think," by Joseph B. Fuller, Judith K. Wallenstein, Manjari Raman, and Alice de Chalendar; "How Apple Is Organized for Innovation," by Joel M. Podolny and Morten T. Hansen; and "Digital Transformation Comes Down to Talent in Four Key Areas," by Thomas H. Davenport and Thomas C. Redman.
HBR's 10 Must Reads paperback series is the definitive collection of books for new and experienced leaders alike. Leaders looking for the inspiration that big ideas provide, both to accelerate their own growth and that of their companies, should look no further. HBR's 10 Must Reads series focuses on the core topics that every ambitious manager needs to know: leadership, strategy, change, managing people, and managing yourself. Harvard Business Review has sorted through hundreds of articles and selected only the most essential reading on each topic. Each title includes timeless advice that will be relevant regardless of an ever‐changing business environment.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Discovery-Driven Digital Transformation
- The Transformative Business Model
- Digital Doesn’t Have to Be Disruptive
- What’s Your Data Strategy?
- Competing in the Age of AI
- Building the AI-Powered Organization
- How Smart, Connected Products Are Transforming Companies
- The Age of Continuous Connection
- The Problem with Legacy Ecosystems
- Your Workforce Is More Adaptable Than You Think
- How Apple Is Organized for Innovation
- BONUS DIGITAL ARTICLE: Digital Transformation Comes Down to Talent in Four Key Areas
- About the Contributors
- Title: HBR's 10 Must Reads on Leading Digital Transformation (with bonus article "How Apple Is Organized for Innovation" by Joel M. Podolny and Morten T. Hansen)
- Release date: September 2021
- Publisher(s): Harvard Business Review Press
- ISBN: 9781647822170
You might also like
How Finance Works
Based on a popular class taught by a Harvard Business School professor. If you're not a …
Designing Data-Intensive Applications
Data is at the center of many challenges in system design today. Difficult issues need to …
Technology Strategy Patterns
Technologists who want their ideas heard, understood, and funded are often told to speak the language …
We're at an inflection point in data, where our data management solutions no longer match the …