You are designed to smile!
If you're wondering why you don’t smile more in your life, then you may need to take a close look at why you do the things you do and why you don't do the things you know you should.
What would make you smile? Starting and running your own business? Taking your corporate career to the next level? Spending more personal time with family and friends?
Whatever facet of life you feel stuck in, How to Design a Life Worth Smiling About will pull you out of the rut and get your wheels moving in the right direction.
Motivational speaker and success coach legend Darryl Davis shares his proven, no-nonsense program for making strategic changes to dramatically improve your life and increase your sense of purpose. Based on a unique and powerful combination of brain science, timeless wisdom, and good old common sense, How to Design a Life Worth Smiling About helps you:
- Identify negative automatic thoughts and take control of them
- Replace bad habits with good ones using scientifically proven methods
- Take full responsibility for your life, helping you feel more in control of your circumstances
- Form relationships with positive people
- Free yourself from the fear of change and let go of the past
And the best part is, this is all a lot easier to accomplish than you think! You just have to take it step-by-step—and Davis serves as your personal guide to every point in the journey.
Filled with hands-on exercises for brainstorming, focusing, and putting your ideas into action!
In How to Design a Life Worth Smiling About, bestselling author Darryl Davis helps you meet any challenge with a positive outlook—and provides proven reasons why this generates very real business benefits.
Davis gives you the tools you need to overcome negativity and make vast improvements to your life at home and in the office. He provides practical step-by-step tools for managing stress, dealing with difficult personalities, sparking self-motivation, and overcoming rejection.
Happiness is within your control. Get How to Design a Life Worth Smiling About and start your journey to a purposeful, satisfying life today.
PRAISE FOR HOW TO DESIGN A LIFE WORTH SMILING ABOUT
"This book shows you how to build warmth, credibility and trust with people in your business and personal life." -- BRIAN TRACY, Author, Ultimate Sales Success
"This is an exceptional book on how our thought process can control our lives. By understanding that we have the power to create new thought pathways, we can live fuller, happier, and healthier lives." -- DR. NIDO QUBEIN, President, High Point University and Chairman, Great Harvest Bread Co.
"We all know the energy we feel when we're happy. In this book, Darryl helps us become intentional about how to make those days the dominant rather than occasional part of our lives." -- PAM O'CONNOR, President/CEO, Leading Real Estate Companies of the World
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Introduction A Business Book About Smiling—Really?
- Chapter 1 The Science Behind Your Smile
- Chapter 2 What’s That Voice in My Head, and How Can I Make It Stop?
- Chapter 3 Our Automatic Thinking
- Chapter 4 How to Move Beyond Your Automatic Thinking
- Chapter 5 Designing Your Next Level
- Chapter 6 How to Achieve Your Next Level
- Chapter 7 Why We Do What We Shouldn’t and Don’t Do What We Should
- Chapter 8 The Key Ingredient to Taking Control of Your Life
- Chapter 9 Letting Go of Your Past and Moving Forward
- Chapter 10 Be Kind to Yourself—You Deserve It
- Chapter 11 How to Conquer Fear, the Killer of Possibility
- Chapter 12 A Setback Is a Setup for a Comeback
- Chapter 13 Turning Breakdowns into Breakthroughs
- Chapter 14 Powerful Communications at Home and at Work
- Chapter 15 Create a Positive Work Environment and Love Your Job
- Chapter 16 Reverse Polarity: Turning Negative People into Positives
- Chapter 17 The Attitude of Gratitude Philosophy: Your Secret Weapon
- About the Author
- Title: How to Design a Life Worth Smiling About: Developing Success in Business and in Life
- Release date: May 2014
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9780071819879