To test our application server is functioning correctly, we will log in to the administration console. The administration console is a web application, which is used to configure the WebSphere Application Server. You can use it to perform tasks such as:
- Add, delete, start, and stop application servers
- Deploy new applications to a server
- Start and stop existing applications, and modify certain configurations
- Add, delete, and edit resource providers
- Configure security, including access to the administrative console
- Collect data for performance and troubleshooting purposes
- Details are covered in Chapter 8,Monitoring and Tuning.
Currently, the application server is in a stopped state. Before ...