What you need for this book
Below is a list of the software applications used in this book:
- Your preferred operating system choice of either an IBM supported version of Windows or Linux. Note: For Linux users it is recommended that you use a supported Linux OS such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.6; however it is possible to use Centos 5.6.
- You will need your favorite text editor for editing scripts.
- For shell access from Windows to Linux you will need an SSH client such as PuTTY.
- For Linux based GUI installs, you will need an X11 server running. If you are connecting from Windows to Linux you can use a Windows X11 server such as Xming.
- WebSphere Application Server 8 Trial.
- WebSphere MQ 7 Trial.
- IBM Installation Manager.
- IBM Support Assistant.
Sample applications ...