A new edition of the #1 text in the human computer Interaction field!
Hugely popular with students and professionals alike, the Fifth Edition of Interaction Design is an ideal resource for learning the interdisciplinary skills needed for interaction design, human-computer interaction, information design, web design, and ubiquitous computing. New to the fifth edition: a chapter on data at scale, which covers developments in the emerging fields of 'human data interaction' and data analytics. The chapter demonstrates the many ways organizations manipulate, analyze, and act upon the masses of data being collected with regards to human digital and physical behaviors, the environment, and society at large.
Revised and updated throughout, this edition offers a cross-disciplinary, practical, and process-oriented, state-of-the-art introduction to the field, showing not just what principles ought to apply to interaction design, but crucially how they can be applied.
- Explains how to use design and evaluation techniques for developing successful interactive technologies
- Demonstrates, through many examples, the cognitive, social and affective issues that underpin the design of these technologies
- Provides thought-provoking design dilemmas and interviews with expert designers and researchers
- Uses a strong pedagogical format to foster understanding and enjoyment
An accompanying website contains extensive additional teaching and learning material including slides for each chapter, comments on chapter activities, and a number of in-depth case studies written by researchers and designers.
Table of contents
- What's Inside?
- Chapter 1: WHAT IS INTERACTION DESIGN?
- Chapter 2: THE PROCESS OF INTERACTION DESIGN
- Chapter 3: CONCEPTUALIZING INTERACTION
- Chapter 4: COGNITIVE ASPECTS
- Chapter 5: SOCIAL INTERACTION
- Chapter 6: EMOTIONAL INTERACTION
- Chapter 7: INTERFACES
- Chapter 8: DATA GATHERING
- Chapter 9: DATA ANALYSIS, INTERPRETATION, AND PRESENTATION
- Chapter 10: DATA AT SCALE
- Chapter 11: DISCOVERING REQUIREMENTS
- Chapter 12: DESIGN, PROTOTYPING, AND CONSTRUCTION
- Chapter 13: INTERACTION DESIGN IN PRACTICE
- Chapter 14: INTRODUCING EVALUATION
- Chapter 15: EVALUATION STUDIES: FROM CONTROLLED TO NATURAL SETTINGS
- Chapter 16: EVALUATION: INSPECTIONS, ANALYTICS, AND MODELS
- End User License Agreement
- Title: Interaction Design, 5th Edition
- Release date: May 2019
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781119547259
You might also like
Software Engineering at Google
Today, software engineers need to know not only how to program effectively but also how to …
Everyday Information Architecture
The design of information on the web changes the way people find, understand, and use that …
Designing for Behavior Change, 2nd Edition
Designers and managers hope their products become essential for users—integrated into their lives like Instagram, Lyft, …
Python Crash Course, 2nd Edition
This is the second edition of the best selling Python book in the world. Python Crash …