Property and Alternatives
What’s good about commercial property?
Commercial property, such as offices, factories, warehouses and retail premises, is a lower-risk investment with a good return if the price is right and it’s the right property in the right place.
Commercial-property ownership is generally structured so that you need a minimum £50 million to £100 million to be considered a player – and even more to get a really diversified portfolio. However, some commercial-property investment opportunities exist for those whose fortunes lack most of those zeroes, usually via a specialist collective vehicle.
In a nutshell, here are the long-term benefits of commercial property:
- Rental yields are up with higher-risk corporate bonds but with less likelihood of financial problems.
- Rents tend to increase; some properties have automatic increases every five years.
- Demand for top-class property remains high. Property buyers like the term ‘primary’, which can be used for a location or the quality of the building, although the two often go together because you tend to put up the best buildings on the most attractive sites.
- Overseas investors like the solidity of UK property.
- Property values tend to at least keep up with inflation.
In this part …
- Discover how to turn property into a paying proposition.
- Visit ...