Review Question Answers
- 8086 was a true 16-bit path.
- The number of operations that are processed in one second
- SDRAM is much faster
- A DIMM is a Dual In-line Memory Module—a form factor used for RAM.
- The internal speed of a computer or processor expressed in megahertz (MHz) or gigahertz (GHz)
- Electrically eErasable pProgrammable ROM (EEPROM) typically maintains the BIOS code, which can be updated either with a downloadable file or with a disk that the BIOS manufacturer supplies
- Programmable Read Only Memory - A chip used to hold specific code. Typically used with the system's BIOS
- PCIe is a new computer expansion card standard that will eventually replace PCI and AGP PCIe standard offers a faster bus throughput and a ...
Get IT Career JumpStart: An Introduction to PC Hardware, Software, and Networking now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from nearly 200 publishers.