Planning a Configuration Manager Infrastructure
Properly planning a Configuration Manager infrastructure is crucial in utilizing the software to its full potential. This is even more the case with Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager with its new and improved features.
The first step is to define a project plan with the phases defined in the Microsoft Solution Framework. The Microsoft Solution Framework will guide you to set up a project plan with the following phases:
- Envision: Gather deployment intelligence.
- Plan: Plan and design the Configuration Manager environment.
- Develop: Build the proof-of-concept and the new environment.
- Stabilize: Perform a pilot with multiple key users.
- Deploy: Migrate the users to the new ...