The quintessential self-made man, master of brand identity, New York Times bestselling author, and award-winning executive—KISS's Gene Simmons—shares his manifesto for business success.
KISS did not become one of the most successful rock bands in history by accident. Long before he first took the stage, Gene Simmons had a clear-cut operating plan for the business. Over the past forty years, KISS has sold more than 100 million CDs and DVDs worldwide and manages 5,000 licensed merchandise items—from comic books and coffins to action figures and video games. The band received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and in 2014 was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. In addition to KISS, Simmons's lucrative ventures include two hit reality shows, a professional sports team, a restaurant chain, and a record label. A recipient of the Forbes Lifetime Achievement Award, this brilliant executive runs all of his businesses on his own—no personal assistant, few handlers, and as little red tape as possible.
In Me, Inc., Simmons gives aspiring entrepreneurs the critical tools they need to succeed. He discusses how to build a solid business strategy, harness the countless tools available in the digital age, educate yourself, and be the architect for the business entity that is you. Inspired by The Art of War, Me, Inc. is organized around thirteen specific, easy-to-understand principles for success—"The Art of More"—drawn from Simmons's own triumphs and failures. From finding the confidence necessary to get started, to surrounding yourself with the right people, to knowing when to pull the plug and when to double-down, these principles can help you attain the freedom and wealth of your dreams.
Table of contents
- Foreword by John Varvatos
PART I: ME
- 1 A Young Entrepreneur
- 2 Coming to America
- 3 Discovering TV and American Culture
- 4 Discovering Junior Achievement and Learning About the Capitalist Business Model
- 5 My Early Jobs and Their Influence on Me as an Entrepreneur
- 6 Who Am I?
- 7 KISS
- 8 Learning About Branding and the Music Business
- 9 I Am an Entrepreneur
- 10 Gene Simmons Family Jewels
- 11 Philanthropy/Giving Back
PART II: YOU
- 12 Who Are You?
- 13 You—The Me, Inc. Business Model
- 14 Role Models
- 15 Vacations, Holidays, and Other Wastes of Time
- 16 Priorities/Practice What You Preach
- 17 Single or Married? Career or Family?
- 18 Brilliant Stupid Ideas/Designing the Right Business Model for You
- 19 The Importance of Being Able to Sell Yourself and Tell Your Story
- 20 Speak English
- 21 Women Entrepreneurs
- 22 Kid Entrepreneurs
- 23 Failure: What Doesn’t Kill You Makes You Stronger
- 24 Investing
- 25 In Summary
- Also by Gene Simmons
- About the Publisher
- Title: Me, Inc. - Build an Army of One, Unleash Your Inner Rock God, Win in Life and Business
- Release date: October 2014
- Publisher(s): HarperCollins Publishers
- ISBN: 9780062322623
You might also like
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 3rd Edition
Through a recent series of breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
Python for Data Analysis, 3rd Edition
Get the definitive handbook for manipulating, processing, cleaning, and crunching datasets in Python. Updated for Python …
The Really Useful eLearning Instruction Manual: Your toolkit for putting elearning into practice
Technology has revolutionised every aspect of our lives and how we learn is no exception. The …