Chapter 8. Managing Network Layout
In this chapter, we will cover:
- Creating a network host hierarchy
- Using the network map
- Choosing icons for hosts
- Establishing a host dependency
- Establishing a service dependency
- Monitoring individual nodes in a cluster
- Using the network map as an overlay
While Nagios Core is still very useful when configured to monitor only a simple list of hosts and services, it includes some optional directives that allow you to define some structural and functional properties of the monitored network—specifically, how hosts and services interrelate. Describing this structure in the configuration calls for some additional intelligent behavior in the monitoring and notification that Nagios Core performs.
There are two main ...