Setting up a simple GoldenGate replication configuration between two single node databases
In this recipe we will look at how to configure GoldenGate for continuous replication between two single node databases.
For this setup, we make the following assumptions:
- The source and target database have already been set up.
- Both the databases have a schema called
SCOTT which is in a consistent state. No transformations will be performed in this recipe.
- Oracle GoldenGate binaries are already installed in both sites.
- The extract method used in this example will be classic capture.
- Supplemental Logging is enabled at database and table level for all the objects to be replicated.
We will follow these steps to set up this replication ...