C H A P T E R 22
Database troubleshooting is a vague and general term that is applied to a wide variety of topics. It can mean anything from investigating database connectivity issues to detailed performance tuning. In this chapter, I will discuss the following troubleshooting activities:
- Assessing database availability issues quickly.
- Identifying system performance issues with operating system utilities.
- Querying data dictionary views to display resource intensive SQL statements.
- Using Oracle performance tools to identify resource consuming SQL statements.
- Identifying and resolving locking issues.
- Troubleshooting open ...