Once you have completed the risk assessment, someone must decide whether or not to accept the project. The following questions will guide you to that decision:
- Do you have the competency and availability/manpower to perform the engagement to the level your client is expecting?
- Do you have any reasons to doubt your client's integrity or honesty?
- Is the organizational structure conducive to the way you like to work?
- Do they have the appropriate manpower for you to work with?
- Is there anything in their accountant's report on the financial statements that you should be concerned with?
- Is there anything in the project specific risk that makes the success of the project unlikely?
- Will the acceptance of this engagement cause a conflict of interest with other existing or potential clients?
- Are you concerned about being paid for your services?
- Will you make a profit on this engagement?
As indicated earlier, you will have to answer these questions honestly and the decision is left to you.