Although it is impossible to give an exhaustive list, the main academic research centers in the cognitive radio domain are (among others may be forgotten):
– McMaster University, Canada (Cognitive Systems Laboratory)
– Rutgers University, New Jersey, USA (Wireless Information Network Laboratory)
– University of California at Berkeley, USA (Berkeley Wireless Research Center)
– University of California, Los Angeles, USA (Cognitive Reconfigurable Embedded Systems Laboratory)
– University of South Florida, USA (Wireless Communications and Signal Processing Group).
– Virginia Tech, USA (Center for Wireless Telecommunications).
– Stevens Institute, New Jersey, USA.
– Zheijang University, China.
At the European level, the leading universities are the following: – Athens University, Greece (NTUA)
– Karlsruhe University, Germany
– King's College London, UK (Center for Telecommunications Research – Reconfigurability and Cognitive Radio Team)
– UPC, Barcelona, Spain.
– University of Surrey, UK (Center for Communications Systems Research)
– University of Dublin, Trinity College, EIRE (Center for Telecommunications Value-Chain Research, Emerging Networks)
– University of York, UK
– EURECOM, France
– SCEE research team, Supélec Rennes-campus, France (Institute of Electronics and Telecommunications, Rennes)
– Supélec/Alcatel-Lucent Chair on Flexible Radio, France
It should be noted that at the European level, ...