Create stunning digital media quickly and affordably.
Shaky camerawork and scratchy audio just won’t cut it with your learners. But can your time- and budget-constrained training department produce the polished media they expect? Absolutely.
In Rapid Media Development for Trainers, veteran trainer and author Jonathan Halls uses his experience running the BBC’s prestigious production training department to help even the smallest learning team dazzle. Whether you need to build a training program, blend your offerings, or flip your classroom, this book will help you make learning dynamic with rapid media techniques.
Free of overly technical jargon, Rapid Media Development for Trainers is for novice and expert learning professionals alike. It explains essential learning and media concepts and adapts standard production practices to your work schedule. You won’t need to max out your budget on expensive equipment, or stress over camera models and editing software. Use simple tools—some that you already have—to create video, audio, and online content while avoiding common missteps.
Turn once uninspiring training programs into riveting learning experiences that incorporate compelling video, crisp podcasts, and eye-catching presentations.
· why planning media production always beats out winging it
· which cost-effective tools can deliver high-quality digital media
· what visual, auditory, and graphical concepts are indispensable during creation
· how you can pull all your media together and edit it for a complete learning experience.
Boost your production and content quality with this ultimate guide to fast and affordable media development.
Table of contents
- More Praise for Rapid Media Development for Trainers
- Title Page
- 1. The New Learning Frontier: Digital Content
- 2. Digital Media and Learning: A Glove Fit
- 3. Creating Digital Media Fast and Affordably
- 4. Audio and Learning
- 5. Planning Audio Content
- 6. Your Audio Toolkit
- 7. Creating Digital Audio Content
- 8. Editing Digital Audio Content
- 9. Video and Learning
- 10. Planning Video Content
- 11. Your Video Toolkit
- 12. Creating Video Content
- 13. Editing Video Content
- 14. Graphics and Learning (by Connie Malamed)
- 15. Screen Text and Learning
- 16. Planning and Creating Screen Text
- 17. Editing Screen Text for Learning
- About the Author
- Back Cover
- Title: Rapid Media Development for Trainers: Creating Videos, Podcasts, and Presentations on a Budget
- Release date: December 2016
- Publisher(s): Association for Talent Development
- ISBN: 9781562865856
You might also like
The Really Useful eLearning Instruction Manual: Your toolkit for putting elearning into practice
Technology has revolutionised every aspect of our lives and how we learn is no exception. The …
The Rules of Thinking
The Rules of Thinking
Design Is a Job
Co-founder of Mule Design and raconteur Mike Monteiro wants to help you do your job better. …
The Design of Everyday Things
First, businesses discovered quality as a key competitive edge; next came science. Now, Donald A. Norman, …