Work quickly, confidently, and effectively in Apple's Numbers app!
Updated June 6, 2019
There are many benefits to using Apple's Numbers app, chief among them that it is now free for all Mac users! If you've ever wanted to add to your knowledge of Numbers--whether you're new to spreadsheet programs in general, new to Numbers, or simply new to this latest version of Numbers--this book gives you detailed information about how to get the most out of this powerful app.
Following the advice of author Sharon Zardetto, you'll learn how to input, calculate, sort, filter, format, and chart your data with ease. Taking you from the basics, all the way through complex formulas, charting, and other power-user features, this book will expand your understanding of what Numbers can do.
This book will show you how to:
- Get started with Numbers: Learn about Numbers' terminology and interface, sheets and templates, table basics, and cell basics. For those new to spreadsheets, learn about the anatomy of a table and data entry basics. For those new to Numbers, but comfortable with spreadsheets, learn about working with sheets and tabs, the template chooser, and pop-up and contextual table menus.
- Work more efficiently: Customize your environment, utilize built-in and custom templates, speed up your work with autocomplete, autofill, and text substitution, make custom templates, use table styles, paragraph styles, and define a default text box.
- Use formulas and functions: Find out about formula-building basics, cell references, and functions and arguments. Explore the formula editor and the Function Browser, and use quick calculation tokens.
- Polish your formatting: Explore your formatting options, standardize the look of components in tables and sheets with styles, use rulers and ruler guides, add graphical elements (shapes and text boxes), and use color controls for everything from text to cell borders to shapes.
- Visualize data with charts: Learn the basics of chart parts and terminology, how to choose the right chart, how to create a chart, and how to work with 3D charts and interactive charts.
- Work with other people: Share, collaborate, and add comments to your work with other Numbers users. Find out how to import, export, and share files when others are not using Numbers.
Table of contents
- Read Me First
- Numbers Quick Start
- About Numbers
- Work with Sheets and Templates
- Review Table Basics
- Master Cell Basics
- Use Table Formats and Styles
- Learn About Cell Formats
- Control Data Input
- Learn About Data Formats
- Use Special Data‑Input Options
- Sort Data
- Filter Data
- Analyze Data with Categories
- Handle Formulas and Functions
- Master IF Statements and Logical Operators
- Work with Text Functions
- Create Charts
- Format Charts
- Add Comments
- Create Voice Recordings
- Work with Shapes and Images
- Tackle Text
- Manipulate Objects
- Conquer Color Controls
- Import, Export, and Share Files
- Print Spreadsheets
- About This Book
- Title: Take Control of Numbers, 2nd Edition
- Release date: June 2019
- Publisher(s): Take Control Books
- ISBN: 9781947282209
You might also like
The Python Workshop
Cut through the noise and get real results with a step-by-step approach to learning Python 3.X …
Impractical Python Projects
Impractical Python Projects picks up where the complete beginner books leave off, expanding on existing concepts …
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Official Study Guide
Validate your AWS skills. This is your opportunity to take the next step in your career …
Software Engineering at Google
Today, software engineers need to know not only how to program effectively but also how to …