Work quickly, confidently, and effectively in Apple's Numbers app!
There are many benefits to using Apple's Numbers app, chief among them that it is now free for all Mac users! If you've ever wanted to add to your knowledge of Numbers--whether you're new to spreadsheet programs in general, new to Numbers, or simply new to this latest version of Numbers--this book gives you detailed information about how to get the most out of this powerful app.
Following the advice of author Sharon Zardetto, you'll learn how to input, calculate, sort, filter, format, and chart your data with ease. Taking you from the basics, all the way through complex formulas, charting, and other power-user features, this book will expand your understanding of what Numbers can do.
This book will show you how to:
- Get started with Numbers: Learn about Numbers' terminology and interface, sheets and templates, table basics, and cell basics. For those new to spreadsheets, learn about the anatomy of a table and data entry basics. For those new to Numbers, but comfortable with spreadsheets, learn about working with sheets and tabs, the template chooser, and pop-up and contextual table menus.
- Work more efficiently: Customize your environment, utilize built-in and custom templates, speed up your work with autocomplete, autofill, and text substitution, make custom templates, use table styles, paragraph styles, and define a default text box.
- Use formulas and functions: Find out about formula-building basics, cell references, and functions and arguments. Explore the formula editor and the Function Browser, and use quick calculation tokens.
- Polish your formatting: Explore your formatting options, standardize the look of components in tables and sheets with styles, use rulers and ruler guides, add graphical elements (shapes and text boxes), and use color controls for everything from text to cell borders to shapes.
- Visualize data with charts: Learn the basics of chart parts and terminology, how to choose the right chart, how to create a chart, and how to work with 3D charts and interactive charts.
- Work with other people: Share, collaborate, and add comments to your work with other Numbers users. Find out how to import, export, and share files when others are not using Numbers.