Book DescriptionThe secret to making the right call in an increasingly complex world
The decisions we make every day – frequently automatic and incredibly fast – impact every area of our lives. The Little Black Book of Decision Making delves into the cognition behind decision making, guiding you through the different ways your mind approaches various scenarios. You'll learn to notice that decision making is a matter of balance between your rational side and your intuition – the trick is in honing your intuition to steer you down the right path.
Pure reasoning cannot provide all of the answers, and relying solely on intuition could prove catastrophic in business. There must be a balance between the two, and the proportions may change with each situation. This book helps you quickly pinpoint the right mix of logic and 'gut feeling,' and use it to find the best possible solution.
- Balance logic and intuition in your decision making approach
- Avoid traps set by the mind's inherent bias
- Understand the cognitive process of decision making
- Sharpen your professional judgement in any situation
Decision making is the primary difference between organisations that lead and those that struggle. The Little Black Book of Decision Making helps you uncover errors in thinking before they become errors in judgement.
Table of Contents
- About the Author
Part One: No Place for Old Dogs: New Tricks Required
- 1: Let's Get Real: We All Make Mistakes
- 2: Rule Makers, Rule Breakers
- 3: Coping with an Era of Acceleration
Part Two: Mindset Matters! Getting Beyond the Process
- 4: What Could be Wrong with “Being Right”?
- 5: The “Reality” Delusion
- 6: Wired for Flight and Fight
- 7: The Dance of Old and New
Part Three: Transforming Decision Making from the Inside Out
- 8: The Inside-Out Challenge
- 9: Evolving the Brain
- 10: Unlocking Creativity Through Mindfulness
- Title: The Little Black Book of Decision Making
- Release date: August 2017
- Publisher(s): Capstone
- ISBN: 9780857087027