With the weakening dollar a hot topic for retirees, savers, and investors, this Little Book delves into the economic turmoil in the U.S. and shows how to survive it
The United States dollar is losing value at an alarming rate. According to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) index, the U.S. currency is 37 percent below fair value against the Australian dollar and 20 percent versus the Canadian dollar. The decline of the U.S. dollar is one of the biggest threats facing American investors today, but with the Little Book of the Shrinking Dollar: What You Can do to Protect Your Money Now in hand, you have the knowledge and the expertise you need to fight back.
Written by New York Times bestselling author Addison Wiggin, a leading economic forecaster, the book explores the reasons for the dollar's decline, and its precarious relationship to other currencies around the world. Filled with invaluable strategies for retirees, savers, and investors who want to keep their money safe no matter what lies ahead, the book is your one-stop guide to weathering the storm.
Covers strategies for safeguarding your wealth, including safer havens for money, alternative investments, and other opportunities
Written by Addison Wiggin, a three-time New York Times bestselling author and leading economic forecaster
Wiggin's predictions about the decline of the dollar have proven true time and again, making him the right man for the job when it comes to predicting what lies ahead
The U.S. dollar is no longer the secure and stable currency that most Americans grew up believing in. Even after recent gains, the dollar remains weak. But with the Little Book of the Shrinking Dollar you have a concise guide to what's driving its demise and everything you need to protect your money today and in the years to come.
Table of Contents
- Chapter One: Dollar Decline
- Chapter Two: Serial Bubble Blowers
- Chapter Three: Economic Reality Check
- Chapter Four: Debts Do Matter
- Chapter Five: Inflation 101
Chapter Six: Something’s Gotta Give
- Maintain Your Standard of Living—Despite the Central Bank
- Try This Anti-Inflation Play
- Phase III Retirement Investing
- Is My 401(k) Safe?
- Is My Bank Safe?
- Why You Might Try a Shari’ah Bank
- What About Retiring Overseas?
- The United States Wants to Keep You as a Milk Cow
- Offshore Trusts Aren’t Just for Big Corporations
- Two Big Inflation-Outpacing Investments for Whatever the Future Holds
- Chapter Seven: A Tale of Two Deficits
- Chapter Eight: Dollar Codependents
- Chapter Nine: The Dollar’s Days Are Numbered
- Chapter Ten: Currency Winners
- Chapter Eleven: Dollar Apocalypse
- Chapter Twelve: Tips on Surviving the Next Crisis
- Title: The Little Book of the Shrinking Dollar: What You Can Do to Protect Your Money Now
- Release date: May 2012
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118245255