How to build lasting connections through meaningful communication
Developing successful relationships is critical to our success in both our personal and professional lives. The Power of Understanding People shows you how to establish and develop extremely effective relationships by providing you with techniques to better identify and understand the intrinsic needs of others. As a result, you will achieve better team dynamics, increased sales and client satisfaction, higher levels of employee engagement and performance, and even more satisfying marriages and friendships. This book provides the tools to understand others' unique communication style as well as your own. Get detailed advice on how to adjust to diverse communication styles, develop a unifying language for the organization, and better match motivational techniques to team members. Through storytelling and experiential exercises, author Dave Mitchell helps you gain insight into your own unique interaction style and teaches you how to communicate, motivate, sell, and service more successfully no matter the personality types involved.
Offers insight into the behavior cues and questions to ask to better understand someone's interactive preferences
Explains how to enhance your sales efforts by better targeting your brand message to the client's style so that your products/services resonate with them more
Examines strategies for creating a high performing work environment and achieve greater customer service excellence
Contains conflict resolution strategies, including how to effectively work out differences within a team, between work units, with customers, and even in your personal life
Armed with the ability to interpret the behavior of the people around you, you will achieve greater levels of success at work and at home while also learning how to better handle the difficult situations involving people in your life.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Introduction: We Are All Delusional!
- Chapter 1: Understanding Romantics and Warriors: It's Feelings versus Logic for These Styles
- Chapter 2: Understanding Experts and Masterminds: Tried and True Contrasted with Possibilities
- Chapter 3: The 12 Interactive Combinations—Hollywood Style!
- Chapter 4: Recognizing Each Style: The Behavioral Cues That Might Indicate Another Person's Style
- Chapter 5: Leading Each Style: Creating a High-Performing Culture by Understanding Interactive Style
- Chapter 6: Selling to Each Style: You Can Expand Your Market Share by Adjusting to Your Consumer's Interactive Style
- Chapter 7: Providing Customer Service to Each Style: The Key to High Customer Satisfaction Results Is Adjusting to the Customer's Style
- Chapter 8: Personal Relationships and Interactive Style: Better Understand Family and Friends and Enhance Your Marriage
- Conclusion: The Unusual Goal of an Educator
- Title: The Power of Understanding People: The Key to Strengthening Relationships, Increasing Sales, and Enhancing Organizational Performance
- Release date: December 2013
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118726839
You might also like
Have you ever felt stuck with methods, tools and skills that do not match the increasing …
Visual Design Solutions: Principles and Creative Inspiration for Learning Professionals
Enhance learners' interest and understanding with visual design for instructional and information products No matter what …
Programming Rust, 2nd Edition
The Rust programming language offers the rare and valuable combination of statically verified memory safety and …
The Art and Science of Communication: Tools for Effective Communication in the Workplace
The Art and Science of Communication shows you a new way to understand and use communication …