Learning Experience Design (LXD) offers a powerful new approach to creating memorable learning experiences that deliver superior outcomes, bridging the gap between creative design disciplines and the world of learning. Now, one of the field's leading pioneers has written the definitive guide to LXD: what it is, how it works, what's better about it, and how you can make the most of it.
Drawing on over a decade of experience defining, applying, and teaching LXD, Niels Floor covers LXD mindsets, methods, skills, tools: everything you need to succeed. Floor guides you step-by-step through every stage of the LXD process, from preliminary questions and ideas to focused design research, prototyping to final design. Floor also introduces the world's #1 LXD tool, his own Learning Experience Canvas, together with key tools such as personas, empathy maps, and experience maps.
Whether you're a professional learning designer, course developer, or corporate training specialist you'll find this guide invaluable. And if you're a creative professional, it'll open new vistas of opportunity in fast-growing marketplace for learning solutions.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Dedication Page
- Why read this book?
- How to read this book
- Chapter 1. The power of experience
- Chapter 2. Why learning experience design matters
Nine rules of learning experience design
- Rule 1: We learn from experience
- Rule 2: Every experience is unique (and so are you)
- Rule 3: Learning is continuous, dynamic, and holistic
- Rule 4: Learning is influenced by emotion
- Rule 5: Learning is about process and outcome
- Rule 6: Learning experience design is human-centered
- Rule 7: More senses makes more sense
- Rule 8: (Inter)active is effective
- Rule 9: Learning experiences should be positive, personal, and profound
- Chapter 3. What is learning experience design?
- Chapter 4. Experiential learning
- Chapter 5. How to design a learning experience
Chapter 6. The Learning Experience Canvas
- Introducing the LX Canvas
- How the LX Canvas supports the design process
- Structure of the LX Canvas
- Overview of the elements on the LX Canvas
- Learning outcome
- Learning objectives
- Using the LX Canvas
- Enjoy the LX Canvas
- Chapter 7. Design tools
- Chapter 8. Case studies
- Chapter 9. What’s next?
- Title: This is Learning Experience Design: What it is, how it works, and why it matters.
- Release date: February 2023
- Publisher(s): New Riders
- ISBN: 9780138206307
You might also like
Learning SQL, 3rd Edition
As data floods into your company, you need to put it to work right away—and SQL …
Angular - The Complete Guide [2023 Edition]
Learn all the fundamentals you need to know in order to get started developing Angular applications …
The Rules of Programming
This philosophy-of-programming guide presents a unique and entertaining take on how to think about programming. A …
React - The Complete Guide (Includes Hooks, React Router, and Redux) - Second Edition
**This course is now updated for the latest version of React—React 18** React.js is the most …