Learning Experience Design (LXD) offers a powerful new approach to creating memorable learning experiences that deliver superior outcomes, bridging the gap between creative design disciplines and the world of learning. Now, one of the field's leading pioneers has written the definitive guide to LXD: what it is, how it works, what's better about it, and how you can make the most of it.
Drawing on over a decade of experience defining, applying, and teaching LXD, Niels Floor covers LXD mindsets, methods, skills, tools: everything you need to succeed. Floor guides you step-by-step through every stage of the LXD process, from preliminary questions and ideas to focused design research, prototyping to final design. Floor also introduces the world's #1 LXD tool, his own Learning Experience Canvas, together with key tools such as personas, empathy maps, and experience maps.
Whether you're a professional learning designer, course developer, or corporate training specialist you'll find this guide invaluable. And if you're a creative professional, it'll open new vistas of opportunity in fast-growing marketplace for learning solutions.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Dedication Page
- Why read this book?
- How to read this book
- Chapter 1. The power of experience
- Chapter 2. Why learning experience design matters
Nine rules of learning experience design
- Rule 1: We learn from experience
- Rule 2: Every experience is unique (and so are you)
- Rule 3: Learning is continuous, dynamic, and holistic
- Rule 4: Learning is influenced by emotion
- Rule 5: Learning is about process and outcome
- Rule 6: Learning experience design is human-centered
- Rule 7: More senses makes more sense
- Rule 8: (Inter)active is effective
- Rule 9: Learning experiences should be positive, personal, and profound
- Chapter 3. What is learning experience design?
- Chapter 4. Experiential learning
- Chapter 5. How to design a learning experience
Chapter 6. The Learning Experience Canvas
- Introducing the LX Canvas
- How the LX Canvas supports the design process
- Structure of the LX Canvas
- Overview of the elements on the LX Canvas
- Learning outcome
- Learning objectives
- Using the LX Canvas
- Enjoy the LX Canvas
- Chapter 7. Design tools
- Chapter 8. Case studies
- Chapter 9. What’s next?
- Title: This is Learning Experience Design: What it is, how it works, and why it matters.
- Release date: February 2023
- Publisher(s): New Riders
- ISBN: 9780138206307
You might also like
Drawing Product Ideas
Explore straightforward drawing skills to help you communicate product ideas exponentially faster than you could with …
Design for How People Think
User experience doesn’t happen on a screen; it happens in the mind, and the experience is …
Design Thinking for Training and Development
Better Learning Solutions Through Better Learning Experiences When training and development initiatives treat learning as something …
Design Thinking For Dummies
Develop your unique design thinking mindset Build a creative toolbox that inspires new ideas Examine how …