Chapter 2. The Business Case for Virtualizing a Database
In this chapter we will review the business case for why you should virtualize your business with specifics around the benefits of virtualizing a business critical application like a Microsoft SQL Server 2012 database. Topics covered will include:
• Server/Database Consolidation
• Database As A Service (DAAS)
• IT Efficiency (The Golden Template)
• Service Level Agreements (SLA’s on Steroids)
• Is your database to big to virtualize
These topics will be discussed in context of virtualizing a business critical application, which is different than a non-business critical application Specifically what are common drivers for virtualizing a database and which are not common drivers for virtualizing ...