5. Our First WordPress Website
In the preceding four chapters we covered WordPress basics. From this point on, we’ll build on those skills while developing a theme. The J2 WordPress theme was designed specifically for this book to cover the most vital aspects of WordPress theming.
What you’re about to learn
• Our plan for theme development
• Theme design best practices
• How to differentiate between content and how it will be powered
• Basic template file and site architecture planning
Before we jump in, I’d like to take a moment to thank Jeff Golenski. Jeff is an extremely talented web and user-experience designer who graciously volunteered his time to design this sample site for us. Let’s raise our glasses to Jeff and thank ...