Managing Nano Server using PowerShell
PowerShell version 5 comes with a lot of features that Nano Server benefit from. The main feature are:
- Copying files via PowerShell sessions
- Remote file editing in PowerShell ISE
- Interactive script debugging over PowerShell session
- Remote script debugging within PowerShell ISE
- Remote host process connects and debugs
If you want to manage your Nano Server right now, you can use PowerShell Remoting or if your Nano Server is running in a Virtual Machine you can also use PowerShell Direct which is covered in Chapter 4, Saving Time and Cost with Hyper-V Automation.
How to do it
In order to manage Nano server installation using PowerShell remoting, carry out the following steps:
- You might need to start the WinRM ...