- 1:1 meetings (see one-on-one meetings)
- accountability, Hold Your Manager Accountable, Jason Wong-Jason Wong, Lisa van Gelder-Lisa van Gelder
- (see also ownership; responsibility)
- alignment, Jeremy Wight, Juan Pablo Buriticá, Katie Womersley, Jason Wong, Powerful Questions to Build Alignment, The Effects of Human Laziness
- Anand, Arjun, Arjun Anand-Coming to Terms with Your Skills
- Anderson, Jesse, Jesse Anderson-Jesse Anderson
- APIs, as metaphor for engineers, Raquel Vélez-Raquel Vélez, Cate Huston-Cate Huston
- architectures as means, not ends, Seth Dobbs-Seth Dobbs
- asynchronous communication channels, Juan Pablo Buriticá
- authority, appropriate use of, Seth Dobbs-Seth Dobbs
- autonomy-support meetings, Matthew Philip-Matthew Philip
Get 97 Things Every Engineering Manager Should Know now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.