Checklist for legal due diligence
- Up-to-date constitutional document:
- Does the corporate vendor have power to sell its shares in target?
- Are there any restrictions in target’s articles to the transfer of shares?
- Details of the authorised and issued share capital
- Details of shareholders (including capacity in which they hold shares and any dissenting or untraceable shareholders)
- Shareholders agreements (if any)
- Organisational chart identifying target’s group structure and current directors of each group entity
- Options or encumbrances over target’s share capital?
- Are any assets used by target owned otherwise than by target?
- Are any of the target’s assets encumbered or other than in its possession? ...