"... an excellent guide; well structured, well written... It should light many fires in senior management's minds when they think of the problems their projects have had."
Colin Bentley, Ex-Chief Examiner of PRINCE2, from reviews of the first edition
Be part of the Agile revolution
In this new edition of her award-winning book, Jamie Lynn Cooke reveals the secrets of the Agile methodologies that have revolutionized the way that many of the world’s most successful companies operate. Written for business professionals and managers, the book explains the core principles of Agile, shows why these approaches work, and demonstrates how to use Agile to significantly increase productivity, quality, and customer satisfaction in any industry.
Benefits of Agile for your organisation:
The key business value of 12 Agile Principles explained
Agile Productivity Unleashed presents the range of proven Agile methods including Scrum®, Kanban, Feature Driven Development™ (FDD™) and the Dynamic Systems Development Method® (DSDM®) in clear business language. The author then devotes a chapter to explaining each of the 12 Agile Principles that make these approaches consistently successful, and details how to use these methods to tackle the core challenges faced by every organization.
Will it work for me?
The book concludes by presenting an in-depth case study that compares Agile with traditional approaches for achieving three common business objectives, followed by step-by-step guidelines to make Agile work for your organization, and a range of resources for further reading.
Buy this book and learn how to unleash the potential of Agile for your organization.
About the author
Jamie Lynn Cooke has 24 years of experience as a senior business analyst and solutions consultant, working with more than 130 public and private sector organizations throughout Australia, Canada and the United States. She has been working hands on with Agile approaches since 2003.
The first edition of Agile Productivity Unleashed won the AXIOM Business Book Awards Bronze Medal for TQM/Productivity Books in 2011
Table of contents
- About The Author
SECTION 1: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT AGILE
- Chapter 1: Agile in a Nutshell
- Chapter 2: Why is Agile So Effective?
- Chapter 3: Why Don’t More Organizations Use Agile?
- Chapter 4: Agile Sounds Good, But
SECTION 2: 12 AGILE PRINCIPLES THAT WILL REVOLUTIONIZE YOUR ORGANIZATION
- Chapter 5: Responsive Planning
- Chapter 6: Business-value-driven Work
- Chapter 7: Hands-on Business Outputs
- Chapter 8: Real-time Customer Feedback
- Chapter 9: Immovable Deadlines
- Chapter 10: Management by Self-motivation
- Chapter 11: ‘Just-in-time’ Communication
Chapter 12: Immediate Status Tracking
- The end of the monthly report
- Measuring productivity by outputs
- Tracking overall progress in the requirements backlog
- Tracking day-to-day work in the delivery backlog
- The power of the ‘burndown’ chart
- The real-time executive dashboard
- Early and continuous delivery tracking
- Redefining risk management
- Chapter 13: Waste Management
- Chapter 14: Constantly Measurable Quality
- Chapter 15: Rearview Mirror Checking
- Chapter 16: Continuous Improvement
- SECTION 3: A CASE STUDY
SECTION 4: MAKING AGILE WORK IN YOUR ORGANIZATION
- Chapter 17: Selecting Agile Approaches That Best Meet Your Needs
- The five fundamental questions
- Chapter 18: Introducing Agile Within Your Organization
- Chapter 19: Using Agile Tools
- Chapter 20: Expanding the Use of Agile in Your Organization
- More Information on Agile
- Author’s Note on Agile Resources
- ITG Resources
- Title: Agile Productivity Unleashed, 2nd Edition
- Release date: April 2014
- Publisher(s): IT Governance Publishing
- ISBN: 9781849285636
You might also like
User Stories Applied: For Agile Software Development
Thoroughly reviewed and eagerly anticipated by the agile community, User Stories Applied offers a requirements process …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
Agile Testing: A Practical Guide for Testers and Agile Teams
Te>Two of the industry’s most experienced agile testing practitioners and consultants, Lisa Crispin and Janet Gregory, …
The Art of Agile Development, 2nd Edition
Almost every company that develops software today is using something they call "Agile." But there’s a …