Take your communication skills to a whole new level and understand what people really think and feel.
What is said is often not what is meant, yet most of us dont know how to read between the lines. Something like an astounding 70% of communication is non-verbal! If you want to be persuasive, build rapport, create a positive impression be an all-round brilliant and effective communicator Brilliant Body Language is essential reading.
Written by a psychologist with extensive experience helping people hone their interpersonal skills, this book will show you how to read and understand the intricacies of body language and teach you how to use your own body language to get the best out of all your relationships in life and at work.
You will gain:
- A thorough background in body language how to read it, how to use it.
- The ability to know how to establish rapport instantly.
- The ability to influence and persuade others with ease.
- An understanding what people really think and feel.
Table of Contents
- Brilliant Body Language
- About the author
- Academic references
- Our other language – an introduction
- The basic caveats
- Personal distance or proxemics
- Perception and first impressions
- The body language of anxiety
- How to control anxiety
- Body language for rapport skills
- Body language for personal confidence
- Body language for assertiveness
- Body language and attraction
- Body language and personal influence
- The hidden language of speech
- 75 bodylanguage signs and what they might mean
- Putting it into practice
- Conclusion: Ethics, body language and manipulation
- Appendix 1: Possible answers to questions raised in the book
- Appendix 2:Possible answers to the picture challenges on pages 199–202
- Title: Brilliant Body Language
- Release date: October 2010
- Publisher(s): Prentice Hall
- ISBN: 9780273740742