In Chapter 5, Case Study – Building Your Own Recommendation Engine, we take a case study and build a recommender system step by step as follows:
- We take a real-life case and understand the problem statement and its domain aspects
- We then perform the data preparation, data source identification, and data cleansing step
- Then, we select an algorithm for the recommender system
- We then look into the design and development aspects while building the model
- Finally, we evaluate and test the recommender system
The implementation of the recommender system is done using R, and code samples will be provided in the book. At the end of this chapter, you will be confident enough to build your own recommendation engine.