CHAPTER LEARNING OBJECTIVES—IN THIS CHAPTER, YOU WILL LEARN:
- Importance of leadership during M&A
- Senior leadership responsibilities of acquiring companies
- Senior leadership responsibilities of target companies
- Leadership responsibilities for the integration management office
- Symptoms of leadership voids and how to address them
- Leadership leading practices
An M&A transaction can be one of the most pivotal inflection points for any company. An acquisition of significant size can test the limits of a company’s planning and execution capabilities. It is at this time that leadership can play a huge role and help both acquiring and target employees stay calm and focused on the integration activities.
This chapter does not attempt to outline general leadership qualities and attributes, as there are hundreds of ...