Until now, we've performed the following tasks:
- Creating a hosted Chef account
- Configuring a Chef workstation
- Converging a node using a Chef workstation
Now we will install application packages using community cookbooks.
To set up the runtime environment automatically, it's best to use the Chef community cookbooks:
- Visit https://github.com/chef-cookbooks and find all the community cookbooks required to set up a runtime environment.
- We are using a sample Spring application, namely, PetClinic. We need to install Java and Tomcat to run Java EE applications such as this.
- Download the Tomcat cookbook from https://supermarket.chef.io/cookbooks/tomcat and navigate to the Dependencies section on ...