Effective time-management techniques to revolutionise the way you work!
Do you struggle to get everything done in the time you have available? Are you deluged with interruptions to your work flow? Do you find it difficult to prioritise your tasks and wish you were more organised?
Today's working environment moves at a very fast pace and, at times, it can be difficult to keep up. Expectations are high, and there are so many things competing for our attention. On top of the workload, we're interrupted by the phone ringing, e-mails landing in the inbox, people dropping in the office and, before we know it, the day has passed and we've only achieved half of what we intended to do.
If any of this sounds familiar, then this book is for you! Essential Time Management and Organisation will help you transform the way you work and regain control of your working day. This clear and concise guide offers tried and tested techniques for organising your time and achieving your goals.
Be more productive
Drawing on current best practice and personal experience, Sarah Cook shows you how to:
- accomplish more in the working day
- reduce your stress levels by being more organised
- get things done efficiently and effectively
- enjoy a reputation as a highly-efficient member of the team.
Improve your working practices
With the help of clear diagrams, checklists and models, this pocket guide will enable you to:
- transform your methods of working
- prioritise your tasks
- follow the 4D model for dealing with e-mails
- take full advantage of your most productive time of day
- manage interruptions
- eliminate timewasters
- delegate effectively – including upwards!
Table of contents
- Chapter 1: How Successful Are You As A Time Manager?
- Chapter 2: Setting Objectives, Goals And Priorities
- Chapter 3: Planning Your Time
- Chapter 4: Avoiding Timewasters
- Chapter 5: E-Mail Management
- Chapter 6: Delegation Techniques
- Chapter 7: Summary And Overview Of Time Management Tools And Techniques
- ITG Resources
- Title: Essential Time Management and Organisation: A Pocket Guide
- Release date: October 2011
- Publisher(s): IT Governance Publishing
- ISBN: 9781849283045
You might also like
Managing Time (HBR 20-Minute Manager Series)
Does it seem like you never have enough time to get everything done? Keeping on top …
Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) Version 10 Cert Guide, 3rd Edition
In this best-of-breed study guide, leading experts Michael Gregg and Omar Santos help you master all …
The Power of Self-Confidence: Become Unstoppable, Irresistible, and Unafraid in Every Area of Your Life
Praise for The Power of Self-Confidence "Brian Tracy is the master in understanding and teaching self-enrichment. …
Time Management: 24 Techniques to Make Each Minute Count at Work
MAXIMIZE YOUR PRODUCTIVITY, ENHANCE YOUR MANAGERIAL SKILLS, AND SHARPEN YOUR EDGE IN BUSINESS! They say time …