In this chapter you will learn about the following:
- Key elements of Robert Stake's professional background and influences
- Why Stake became disenchanted with the use of standardized achievement tests for evaluating educational programs
- Why and how he advised evaluators and educators to plan and conduct evaluations that take evaluation's full countenance into account
- Definitions of the countenance evaluation approach's key components
- Details of Stake's reconceptualization and expansion of the countenance evaluation approach into his subsequent approach—referred to here as the responsive or stakeholder-centered evaluation approach
- How Stake ...