Chapter 6. Developing Your Own Jenkins Plugin
In the previous chapter, we focused on the high-level concepts behind Jenkins plugins.
In this chapter, we will be hands-on as we work through the practical aspects of setting up our development environment, become familiar with the tools and conventions that we need to know about, and then create our first Jenkins plugin.
By the end of the chapter, you should be familiar with the following:
- Using Maven for builds and dependency management
- The structure and layout used for plugin projects
- Creating your own Jenkins plugin project(s)
- Making basic code changes to your plugin source code
- Compiling, packaging, and deploying your plugin to a remote Jenkins instance
- Using an IDE to make changes and run Jenkins
- The ...