Chapter 7. Extending Jenkins Plugins
For Jenkins plugin development so far, we have looked at the following:
- The approach to take—reuse where possible, avoiding unnecessary duplication
- Collaborating—how both the process and the community work
- Design methodologies and Java patterns used
- Setting up the development environment and build tools
- Developing the first simple plugin
- Deploying and testing our plugins locally and remotely
We will now take a look at the ways to help you sort out that missing middle part from the previous chapter and implement the code that enables your plugin to do what it does… whatever that may be!
The intention here is to walk you through the development of your own plugin and demonstrate the ways in which you can (and should) ...