Don’t Let Software Failures Destroy Your Business
The growing impact of software failures on brands, customers, and business performance
How to govern software more effectively, prepare for glitches, and mitigate their impact
By Jeff Papows, Ph.D., one of the world’s most experienced software executives
Your software systems are the heart of your business–and they may be vulnerable. In Glitch, industry leader Jeff Papows, Ph.D., outlines the three converging forces that are leading to the proliferation of glitches. Papows explains why and how these glitches are affecting businesses, government agencies, and consumers and provides recommendations as to what we can do about them.
Written for senior decision makers, Papows explains why the risks of software failure are growing worse, not better–and shows how software glitches can destroy both your profitability and your reputation. He also introduces proven governance techniques that can help you systematically find and fix weaknesses in the way you build, buy, and manage software.
Don’t fall victim to the next business software disaster. Read Glitch–and learn about the cultural, technical, and business issues behind software glitches, so you can proactively prevent them.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Table of Contents
- About the Author
- Chapter 1. Converging Forces
- Chapter 2. The Personal Impact
- Chapter 3. Cyber Terrorism and Other Hidden Threats
- Chapter 4. Dealing with Everyday Glitches
- Chapter 5. Technology’s Influence: Past, Present, and Future
- Chapter 6. The Mobility and Network Maze
- Chapter 7. Governing the Government
- Chapter 8. The Way Forward
- Title: Glitch: The Hidden Impact of Faulty Software
- Release date: August 2010
- Publisher(s): Prentice Hall
- ISBN: 9780132488808