Although some of these principles seem trivial, their combined use frequently requires the redesign of chemical products or processes.
István T. Horváth
The learning objectives for this chapter are as follows.
- Become proficient in recognizing, recalling, and understanding all 12 principles of green chemistry.
- Become competent in examining the scope of these 12 principles.
- Learn about atom economy and how it differs from the reaction yield.
- Practice complex thinking by examining applications of more than one principle of green chemistry in any situation.
- Start building the basic understanding of toxicity and become familiar with classification of toxic substances.