Help your organization join the DevOps revolution
About This Book
- Helps you skill up your DevOps knowledge without a strong set of prerequisites
- Deliver continuously improved software by showcasing the most advanced tools and techniques
- Acquire a deeper insight into implementing DevOps in your organization and deliver results from day 1
Who This Book Is For
This book is written for engineers and companies that want to learn the minimum set of required technologies and processes to be successful in the DevOps world.
This book also targets system administrators, developers, and IT professionals who would like to employ DevOps techniques and best practices to manage IT infrastructures or would like to acquire the necessary skills needed to work in DevOps teams.
What You Will Learn
- Master development best practices.
- Understand how the Agile Delivery Methodology helps you ensure accuracy and quality.
- Analyze branching strategies such as branch creation, merging, and synchronization.
- Learn to automate builds to deploy and deliver code faster and more often
- Explore testing frameworks and how to automate testing
- Learn to put specific metrics in place to measure ROI of DevOps and monitor logs and events in a system
This book follows a unique approach to modern DevOps using cutting-edge tools and technologies such as Ansible, Kubernetes, and Google Cloud Platform.
This book starts by explaining the organizational alignment that has to happen in every company that wants to implement DevOps in order to be effective, and the use of cloud datacenters in combination with the most advanced DevOps tools to get the best out of a small team of skilled engineers. It also delves into how to use Kubernetes to run your applications in Google Cloud Platform, minimizing the friction and hassle of maintaining a cluster but ensuring its high availability.
By the end of this book, you will be able to realign teams in your company and create a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Kubernetes and Docker. With strong monitoring in place, you will also be able to react to adverse events in your system, minimizing downtime and improving the overall up-time and stability of your system.
Style and approach
This book takes a step-by-step practical approach to the implementation of DevOps. This book will teach you how to enable IT organizations to deliver faster and smarter through a unique approach using Code-Build-Test-Release-Configure-Monitor (CBTRCM).
Table of contents
DevOps in the Real World
- What is DevOps?
- Traditional release management
- Modern release management
- DevOps and microservices
- DevOps: Organizational alignment
- What to expect from this book
Cloud Data Centers - The New Reality
- Amazon Web Services
Google Cloud Platform
- Google Compute Engine
- Google Container Engine
- Other Google Cloud Platform products
- Other cloud providers
- Continuous Integration
- Infrastructure as Code
- Server Provisioning
- Docker Swarm and Kubernetes - Clustering Infrastructure
Release Management â Continuous Delivery
- Playing against the statistics
- The test system
- Setting up a continuous delivery pipeline for images
- Setting up Jenkins
- Continuous delivery for your application
- Title: Implementing Modern DevOps
- Release date: October 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781786466877
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Solutions Architect's Handbook
From fundamentals and design patterns to the different strategies for creating secure and reliable architectures in …
Kubernetes - A Complete DevOps Cookbook
Leverage Kubernetes and container architecture to successfully run production-ready workloads Key Features Implement Kubernetes to orchestrate …
Simplify your DevOps roles with DevOps tools and techniques Key Features Learn to utilize business resources …