Chapter 1. Introduction
Man is still the most extraordinary computer of all.
—John F. Kennedy
Good design is good business.
—Thomas J. Watson, Founder of IBM
How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.
In this chapter you’ll learn:
• Exciting recent developments in the computer field.
• Basic object-technology concepts.
• A typical Java program-development environment.
• To test-drive a Java application.
• Some key recent software technologies.