Real-time Operating System for System Design
- Learn the meanings of task
- Learn the meanings of real-time handling of multiple tasks
- Learn the simplification of system design and using real-time operating system (RTOS)
- Understand the functions in RTOS kernel using an example of RTOS of Keil (RTX51)
- Learn how inter-process communication helps in synchronizing the running of the tasks using signals, semaphores and mailboxes
11.1 REAL-TIME OPERATING SYSTEM
Many systems require several jobs to be performed at the same time. An example is mobile smartphone. A smart phone could be waiting for a call as well one may be entering an SMS message into it. The system timer is also updating the time and date at periodic intervals. The ...