The following steps can be used to trace and analyze a Power BI dataset via DAX Studio:
- Within the Power BI Desktop file containing the dataset (import or DirectQuery), create report pages and visuals which represent the most common reporting and analysis use cases:
- To simplify this effort, access two or three existing Power BI reports which are highly utilized by business users and create the same visuals in the dataset file.
- The formatting of these visuals is not important, but it's essential that the visuals include the most common DAX measures, filters, and granularity.
- Open the Power BI Desktop file containing the dataset and the sample report visuals from step 1:
- Power BI Desktop files ...