Rewire your brain for investing success
As an investment advisor to high net worth individuals, Wai-Yee Chen has spent years watching her clients make investment decisions—some good decisions and some not-so-good decisions. Though confronted by the same market variables, those clients often make very different choices with very different results. Here, Chen argues that it's usually not the data that affects investor decision-making as much as the way investors themselves think. In NeuroInvesting, Chen argues that investors can change the way they think in order to change the way they invest. She presents four elements that affect investor decision-making and reveals how investors can rewire their brains to make better investing decisions for better returns.
Uses neuroscience to explain how successful investors think different
Written by an experienced investment advisor who works at one of Australia's premier retail brokers
Explains investing using real-world stories about investors from an advisor's perspective
When it comes to investing, how you think has a huge impact on how you make investing decisions. Based on the real science of how people think, NeuroInvesting offers every investor a chance to change the way they invest by changing the way they think.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- About the Author
- Part I: Being at Ease
Part II: The Tension Caused by Impulsiveness
- Chapter 2: Thrills, Ego, and Impulse
- Chapter 3: Impulsiveness and Our Brain
- Chapter 4: Beating Impulsiveness
Part III: The Tension of Fear
- Chapter 5: How Did Fear Get Here?
- Chapter 6: Are Fears Bad?
- Chapter 7: Reacquaint Yourself with Fear
Part IV: Instincts Held in Tension
- Chapter 8: Emotions and Beliefs
- Chapter 9: Expressions of Instincts
- Chapter 10: Nurturing Your Skills in NeuroInvesting
- Chapter 11: Summary of the 12 NeuroInvesting Trading Strategies
- Appendix A: Big Five Inventory Questionnaire (Adapted)
- Appendix B: Barratt Impulsiveness Scale (Revised)
- Appendix C: The Maudsley Medical Questionnaire*
- Appendix D: Word Connection List*
- Appendix E: Body Perception Questionnaire
- Title: NeuroInvesting: Build a New Investing Brain
- Release date: September 2013
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118339244