Chapter 1. Getting Started with Parallel Computing and Python
In this chapter, we will cover the following recipes:
- What is parallel computing?
- The parallel computing memory architecture
- Memory organization
- Parallel programming models
- How to design a parallel program
- How to evaluate the performance of a parallel program
- Introducing Python
- Python in a parallel world
- Introducing processes and threads
- Start working with processes and Python
- Start working with threads and Python
This chapter gives you an overview of parallel programming architectures and programming models. These concepts are useful for inexperienced programmers who have approached parallel programming techniques for the first time. This chapter can be a basic reference for the experienced ...