Chapter 2 Preview
When you have completed reading this chapter you will be able to:
• Understand what simple linear regression equations look like.
• See that you can form a general hypothesis (guess) about a relationship based on your knowledge of the situation being investigated.
• Know how to use a regression equation to make an estimate of the value of the variable you have modeled.
• See that line plots and scattergrams from Excel can be useful in using regression analysis.
• Understand how both time-series and cross-sectional data can be used in regression analysis.
Regression analysis is a statistical tool that allows us to describe the way in which one variable is related to ...